Saturday, May 7, 2016

Trust

There's a saying by Victor Hugo that speaks of a bird perched on a fragile branch. She sings away - a song heartfelt and sweet - though she is aware the branch beneath her is breaking, she knows she has wings.

I know she trusts in what her Maker has given her, wings, and I trust in the Lord Himself and what He's promised to give me in His Word. He's promised to give me hope and a future.  For faithful is He that calls me and also will perform it. And He that has begun a good work in me has promised to perfect it, Amen!

Oh the joy of confidently singing hymns of praise and worship to the Lord in Whom I've placed my trust, as my branch (issues) bend in the wind and threaten to break with the weight of my cares and everyday trials. To encourage and edify myself at all times and in every circumstance.

Oh to be like that bird!

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Ephesians 5:19

Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
Psalm 37:5

So that your trust may be in the LORD, I have taught you today, even you.
Proverbs 22:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...