Saturday, May 28, 2016

Uncomfortable?

Sometimes a little discomfort is good.  For example, early the other morning I was trying to fall back asleep but my back was hurting. It did not matter what side I laid on or which way I turned my neck, I could not get to sleep again - the pain and discomfort was too great. I had to get up. But I am glad I did.

As it was, once I was up, stretched and got moving, the pain began to dissipate. I opened up the Word and prayed as I began what I thought would be my usual morning routine. However, it was anything but! In the quiet of the twilight, without any distractions, the Lord spoke to me an encouraging word, answered my prayers and inspired me in a fresh and unexpected new way. I soon realized how blessed I was for that pain!

Isn't it the same case with the eagle teaching it's eaglet how to fly? She removes all the comfy down feathers in the nest she once painstakingly laid to now get the chick up and out of the nest? She knows the baby eagle has wings to fly and has a great expanse of the heavens just waiting for it to explore. So she methodically removes everything that at one time made the nest so comfortable (and necessary for that stage of development) in order to motivate the eaglet to get up, stretch its wings, and do what it was born to do - soar.  And so are we! 

So it is true for Eagles as it it with us, as the saying goes, "We only change when the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing." And I know the Lord is saying it is not business usual; Behold I do a new thing. (Isaiah 43:19)

So, I thank God for a little discomfort. I have renewed strength and am inspired and reignited for the journey ahead. The sky's the limit and He has given me hope! 

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...