Saturday, May 21, 2016

Grace-power

I went out to shop after work again and felt horrible. I've experienced this for a while now and I believe it's a distraction from the enemy. (Not the feeling horribly but the habitual shopping!) Hitting corners or as the saying goes, "Shop till you drop." The only thing that was missing from this picture was the bumper sticker, 'I break for Sales!'  So I prayed and asked the Lord, what's wrong? He said, Your days of wondering are over." And that's what I've been doing for years. If I'm not in the stores I'm off to this meeting or that meeting, attending this conference or that conference.

Well, I definitely need to put the brakes on and even though I know I've entered into a Sabbath season and a year of Jubilee, I admit it's been difficult to put it into park. Ripping and running has been my modus operandi for as long as I can remember.
Maybe I feel like I have to be doing something to be okay and not just wasting time. Perhaps it's the root of rejection's fruit (fear) budding again with the habitual feelings of needing to perform in hopes of being  viable and worthy. Honestly, I am finding it a challenge to 'dial it down' a bit and change this compulsively busy lifestyle.

But it's a new season and a new day and the Lord has said, "Behold, I do a new thing." Alright, how do I behold it? Perhaps if I just accepted God's grace and power in every area of my life - not just for salvation and for sobriety but also for my daily routines, for my temperament and for my personality and to always believe He's got it all under control. Surely then I could just...relax!

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, so that in due time He may exalt you. Cast all your anxietyon Him, because He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7


No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...