Monday, May 30, 2016

It is Love

I was so fearful yesterday. Actually I felt fearful for the last couple of days. I had spoken with someone who brought me information about someone else and it didn't settle well in my spirit. It wasn't any bad news at all but it was just the way they relayed it, sort of like, "I know something you don't know," and it resulted in feelings and emotions of trembling fear and doubt.  Fears that my prayers weren't going to be answered therefore I was being presumptuous in my position in Christ. 

Fast forward, there I was on Sunday at the altar, praying for strength, courage and victory in Christ. Being the author of a blog about taking an axe to the root of shame and rejection, there I was standing  with feelings of shame and rejection!

What is that about? Is it that fear is at the root of shame rejection? Is it that the Lord is allowing me to be tried?  You know, sort of like, "You talk the talk, so can you walk the walk?"  Is it that my foundation in the love of Christ is being 'field tested'?  I will give a resounding, "Yes"! 

Praying about this I came across a devotion that read, Our heavenly Father sent his Son to die for our sins and weaknesses. And without fully knowing and fully understanding that kind of love to you, you will never have a stable or permanent foundation!*

Wow! Well then I can honestly say I am thankful that the Lord has tested me and proven my foundation to be tried and true. I am fully rooted and grounded in the love of Christ and it is His LOVE that casts out all fear. It is LOVE that takes an axe to the root of shame and it is LOVE that swings the axe 'spot on' at the root of rejection. 

I'm grateful for the storm. I know that Jesus is the 'I' in the storm. He is the calm and stillness in the mist of what seems to be spinning out of control – my resolute position in Christ, for it is His love that has saved me and it is His love that will sustain me. 

Love, love, love!

I pray that out of the riches of His glory, He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to comprehend the length and width and height and depth of His love,…

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear: 

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Noted source:

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...