Saturday, June 4, 2016

Satisfying

Question. Have you ever been to a new restaurant and found you were not able to make a decision on what to order - you know, what you'd be satisfied with?  Heads up, I'm that one! I've tarried long over menus finding it hard to decide. For example, I discovered a new restaurant the other day called 'Lemonade'. After seeing all the choices and checking out the menu for quite a while, it was hard to decide.  Everything looked so good! I gazed at the display of items and asked a few questions, but was still unable to choose what to order. I was unsure of what I would eventually like. I finally settled on a few items and they tasted fine but after all was said and done (or eaten!) I  wasn't completely satisfied and knew the next time I came I would order something new.

Thinking about it I find it it's been that way in life! As I searched for the will of God for me and as I worked at this job or that; taking a class or signing up for some new training, over time I found that even though I had grown and learned new things, I was not quite satisfied with what I had 'ordered' and eventually decided to change course. All the while in the back of my mind hoping that I wasn't overlooking some great opportunity or missing my 'appointed time'.

However I was always on course. All the things I've done, everything I've experienced and everything I have learned - and most importantly every prayer that I have been praying and the grace God has been showing me is bringing me to an appointed time. You see every step I have taken has been ordered by the Lord, and has been bringing me closer to what He wants to do in and through me. Amen!

So as we are continuing to seek His will, listening to His Holy Spirit and praying consistently in line for where He's leading us, Jesus is confirming exactly what to do and the results will be increasingly satisfying. How good is to know that we are in the will of God and to know that our efforts are in step with His Spirit and we are moving in the right direction!

So I'm encouraged! Even though 'I' didn't know in the past what to ask for in prayer or what to do for my life, the Lord has always been right here, ordering for me, making sure my joy will be full and the will of the Father be done. Hallelujah!

“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.” ‭‭John‬ ‭16:24‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“The very steps we take come from GOD; otherwise how would we know where we’re going?”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭20:24‬ ‭MSG‬‬


“The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step].”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭37:23‬ ‭AMP‬‬


“And your ears will hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way; walk in it, when you turn to the right hand and when you turn to the left.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭30:21‬ ‭AMP‬‬


“For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.”
‭‭Habakkuk‬ ‭2:3‬ ‭NASB‬‬

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...