Sunday, February 20, 2022

We Have Value, We Are Loved

 How many times have I felt that I needed to accomplish something in order to have value. It is so human to think that successes, jobs, wealth, knowledge, friendships, associations, my appearance, and most of all, my feelings, were indicators of my worth. But in reality, as a child of God, my worth comes from belonging to the Lord. 

Christians are called His children, as 1 Peter 2:9 says, “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, the people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.”

So it is not that we are valuable because we receive a job promotion, or because we accumulate a few dollars in the bank, or because someone says, “I love you,” but it is because God has declared that we are His very own.

Therefore, my thought is no longer, “I must be valuable because have been blessed, but it is I am valuable because God says so, hallelujah! Even better, whether the blessings come or not, I’m still loved.

For we walk by faith and not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7).

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...