Saturday, March 5, 2016

Unconditional Love

I honestly have to admit that unconditional love is new to me. Since early in life I thought that I had to demonstrate my worthiness of love by doing something or by performing at a certain level, then I would receive approval - which I equated with love. And, since I didn't know the Lord I didn't even know what true love was. So, in truth, I wasn't really looking for love but actually trying to avoid rejection. What I didn't realize before was that unconditional love isn't about doing something it's about being someone; the beloved of the Lord.

Unconditional love comes from the Father. Unconditional love doesn't have to be earned, indeed it cannot be. This is great news! I no longer have to figure out what unconditional love is or how to love unconditionally, I just have to receive it!

“We love Him, because He first loved us.” 1 John‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭AMP‬‬




No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...