Saturday, February 27, 2016

Trials, Temptations, and other Necessary Strength training

Wow, honestly, I've had a hard week. My mind was going everywhere about my work, my finances, my health, my family, my relationships or absence of some relationships. My emotions were down and I felt overwhelmed by life. And because the Word says that no temptation comes upon us that is not (already) common to man, I know somebody out there can relate to this. So I asked and kept asking the Lord for strength and deliverance and He led me today to read 1st Corinthians 10:13.

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

Wow, I don't think I have ever read these two verses quite this way before, seeing that idolatry may very well be an open invitation to temptation - and is the issue - I need to look at times of trial and temptation quite differently. I must be stronger. After all, I don't want to make it so easy for the enemy to take me to those rock-bottom places.

I need to fight like I've never fought before and I need to think like I haven't thought before!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxBiNMGRQYM&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...