Saturday, February 20, 2016

I Am Betrothed to the Lord, and He is faithful.

Last night I watched the classic movie again called 'The Best Years of our Life'. I admire so much the love and strength of the women in this film and has now become another model to me of how to stand, as a wife, even when life's hardships occur – and they do occur. It is during these times of hardship that I have to shrug off the temptation to feel pity for myself and think back on my own marriage and how I behaved so differently. Today I am betrothed to the Lord - just as much as I was then, yet now consciously aware of this position of honor. I am the bride of Christ.

"Lord, help me to be consciencly aware of my betrothal to You. Help me to honor You as my First Love. Holy Spirit, thank You for drawing me close every moment, every hour, every day to Christ my Eternal Husband. I let go of all fear now and take authority over every lie and unkind label used to define singles and singleness, for it is written You have not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and of a sound mind, in Jesus name, Amen."

I can do this.

I exhort you too, Bride of Christ, He who calls you is faithful!

2 Timothy 1:7
1 Thessalonians 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...