Saturday, February 6, 2016

We Walk By Faith and Not By Sight

Today as soon as I woke up, my mind began to dart here and in there, back and forth and about this and that. My heart soon followed suit in familiar fashion with fears and worries, frets and concerns. I quickly fell to my knees in prayer, not wanting the enemy to get a foothold in my day, and asked the Lord to sort out all my needs and to work out all my concerns. Yet the Holy Spirit did not respond to my invitation to be my instant 'problem-solver' and relieve my anxious heart. It was then that I realized I was not 'allowing' the peace of God to rule and reign in me by not walking by faith but instead I was trying to 'see' the solutions to my problems.

Isn't that so 'human' though to demand quick answers to seek instant relief? It is very common for many to inquire of the fortuneteller and the palm reader and to ask the question, "What sign are you?", to get answers to and work out what puzzles them. I see more storefront-crystal-ball reading shops than ever before!

But we are called not to be so but to be different! Jesus said in Luke 12:22-32, I paraphrase, seek after the kingdom of God, that place of peace in relation to Him, and all these things you're concerned about will be taken care of. Praise God!

So, I stand corrected. Thank you Lord Jesus, for as 2 Corinthians 5:7 says, we (I) walk by faith and not by sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...