Friday, March 18, 2016

The Lord Is My Shepherd

How encouraged I am with Psalm 23. This is my assurance and comfort today. These days of trial and emotional turmoil have plagued me and have brought me to a place of distress. But though weeping may endure for a night, joy comes in the morning. *

The Lord is my shepherd, and I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures of peace and rest. He is restoring my soul - my mind, soul and emotions. He guides by His Word and by His Holy Spirit and I am righteous in His sight, in Christ Jesus.

And so now I perceive these days in the valley of the shadow of death as being a part of my journey along the path of recovery. I don't have to fear, as stinking thinking has told me to, because I'm not stuck and this is not my destination. He's with me and we're going somewhere. The Lord's rod and His staff (His Word and His Spirit) comfort me and protect me and are correcting and directing my paths and are ordering my steps, and He's orchestrating my healing, hallelujah. 

He anoints my head - my thoughts, with the oil of gladness and they are blessed. My cup, the loving cup of my heart, overflows with joy! Surely goodness and mercy will follow me, as Jeremiah 29:11 promises, there is a reason to hope and my future is bright. Amen!

*Psalm 30:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...