Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Be Glad for the Bad

Contemplating and meditating this morning, I see that pain and the shame of the past is finally ebbing away. Because I reckon that if I had not known the bondage of addiction, I wouldn't have an appreciation of the freedom of soberiety. If I hadn't known the loneliness of isolation, I would not honor or recognize a true friend and if my heart had never been broken, I wouldn't know the rhapsody of a God-kissed union. And if sin had not so separated me from the Lord, I would not hold so precious this loving relationship and acceptance I been given through Christ today. Yes, I can honestly say, I'm glad for the bad!


..if it had not been for the Law, I should not have recognized sin or have known its meaning. [For instance] I would not have known about covetousness [would have had no consciousness of sin or sense of guilt] if the Law had not [repeatedly] said, You shall not covet and have an evil desire [for one thing and another]. Romans 7:5-7


And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...