Saturday, January 23, 2016

Be Comforted, Be Encouraged!

Hello Ladies,

As the prophet said in Isaiah 61:2,The Spirit of the Lord has anointed me to comfort those who mourn and to proclaim the year and season of God's deliverance, I too see as you may also be experiencing that this is our year of Jubilee!! He has promised us freedom from strongholds, drugs, alcohol and from mind-controlling thoughts that have depressed us and made us feel frustrated and defeated. 

Therefore, the time has come for us to take captive (arrest, in the name of Jesus) those things that have held us prisoner. For example, things like the thoughts that I can never stop smoking, or I can never stop drinking or overeating, or I will never be loved. Those are lies. They are the lying thoughts from the enemy. For the truth of the Word says that, by 'Christ stripes we have been healed.' Isaiah 53:5  And I am created in the image of God, (which is light and beauty) and that He will give us all things pertaining to life - like having love. Amen? 

Therefore, I've decided to keep the door to the enemy closed and keep my mind free from his lies. 1 Peter 5:8 says that he roams around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour with thoughts about your self image and that God is not looking out for our best interests. Romans 8:34

So today when those thoughts come to me I am going to cast them down according to 
2 Corinthians 10:5 and I will remind myself that: 

Number 1 - God created me and He loves me.
Number 2 - That I have faults and weaknesses but I do want to change and I believe God is working in my life and on my behalf, changing me bit by bit, little by little, one day at a time.
Number 3 - That I am in right standing with God through Jesus Christ. *

Be encouraged Ladies, I love you and so does the Lord.

Have a super duper weekend!

Sister Allison


* Excerpted from Joyce Meyers 'Everyday Life' Bible - 'Keeping Your Balance'

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...