Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Giving Back to Jesus

I realized that I needed a big love in my heart.  So I asked the Lord to fill me up with a big and passionate love for Him and others.  It then occurred to the that He has already sown in my heart His love and that my desire to present to Him a sweet-smelling and tasty fruit of love is from the seeds of love He's sown in me.
I think the Parable the Sower Jesus taught the disciples about refers to love as well as salvation. I once thought that the 'seeds' that Christ was speaking of were 'acts of evangelism' and to gather souls for the Kingdom but now I see that is the ultimate result of His love IS love.  So today I know the love He has planted in my heart bears fruit of more love to give back to Him.  May He feast on me!  Read Matt 13 1-9
But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixty-fold, some thirty-fold.  Matthew 13:8
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew13:8&version=KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...