Saturday, March 14, 2015

ASK, KNOCK, and SEEK

Matthew 7:7-11
7 ``Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 ``For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
9 ``Or what man is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf, will give him a stone?
10 ``Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he?
11 ``If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!


Praise God, He's good. agree?!  What is it that you ask for, need, that you want God to do for you?  A greater anointing? More peace? A pay increase or stronger relationships?  How about marriage and children (shout out to all the singles!) I am not going to hesitate from going to the Father for EVERYTHING from this point on.  If He has something else in mind for me, He will gently remove any desire that is not in line with His plans and purposes for me.  I do not think we need to preface our prayers with, "IF it's Your will Father, I would like this or that."  James 1:17 says that, 'Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, nor turning shadow'. So I am going to just ASK, KNOCK, and SEEK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...