Saturday, January 21, 2017

Unstuck

At the beginning of this year I had determined to see some drastic changes take place in my life. You know, "Out with the old and in with the new?" But, can I get honest? Since January1st I haven't felt so motivated or even been very disciplined. It's kind of like my 'get up and go' has got up and went. I have been stuck.  So I asked the Lord, "What's up?"  His answer surprised me - unforgiveness.

Unforgiveness, me?! And what is it about unforgiveness that’s causing me to stay stuck anyway? Is it because I can't be truly thankful for all the Lord has done for me and how He has forgiven me when I'm not really letting other people's past transgressions go? Ouch!

Now, maybe I'm taking a leap here but since the Word says, And they overcame him (the enemy) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; (Revelation 12:11) and another leap, during Passover, the hyssop was used to apply the blood on the doorposts so that death would  passover, it worked.  They were saved – they were delivered.  Okay, then since I'm looking for answers to get past this "stuckness" I will go a little further and ask why was hyssop used to apply the blood?  I understand the power of the blood but why use hyssop? Was it merely because it was readily available to the Hebrews or maybe the Lord had a more profound purpose. Perhaps a far reaching and deeper meaning can be applied to our lives today?  I think so.  Hyssop, a herb from the mint family, is aromatic, bushy and wild,  just like our praise should be.

Therefore, I believe my unrestrained, sweet-smelling and undignified wild and thankful praise (my testimony) offered to the Lord of what the  blood of Jesus has done for me, like my sobriety, deliverance, redemption and forgiveness will cover, save and deliver me - and get and keep me unstuck, hallelujah!

All right, here I go, "I am forgiven, whoa! I forgive others and I forgive myself too!  Yes! Thank You Jesus, thank you!"

In Him [Christ] we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. (Ephesians 1:7)


No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...