Sunday, January 8, 2017

A Truly Happy and Prosperous, New Year

Happy New and Prosperous Year to you, Beloved of the Lord!

 Looking back over this past year, as you have surely read in my blog, I have had my share of bouts feeling  'blue'. I cried out to the Lord in prayer and asked for many things but most oftenly a relationship and a love I could call my own. And as the year came to a close I again could hear myself saying "Finally, Lord, please?!" in this new year.  Well, it's always amazing to me that when I finally get serious with the Lord and pray in earnest, I always get my answer. (James 5:16)

So today, as I began to read about the blood of Jesus in a newfound devotion*, it talked about a lavish love poured out for all of us. It referred to the blood sprinkled on the mercy seat to obtain our freedom from sin so that we may draw close to the Lord. Jesus gave all He had for a relationship with me - with us. In the devotion it explained:

On the Day of Atonement, the blood of the sacrifices had to be sprinkled seven times before God the Father. (See Leviticus 16:14.) We see this regulation exactly fulfilled in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross in the New Testament. First, His sweat became blood. Second, the Roman soldiers struck Him in the face with their fists and with rods. Third, they flogged Him with a Roman scourge. Fourth, His beard was pulled out. Fifth, thorns were pressed deep into His scalp. Sixth, His hands and feet were pierced with nails. Seventh, His side was pierced with a spear. 
That is the measure of Christ’s love. Think about that staggering reality and know that it is the measure of God’s love. It is extravagant, to say the least.

Wow, that picture of blood, actually love, being poured out, really transforms my thinking.  That blood that was poured out from the foundation of the world still calls out today to me saying, "Beloved."

So in this new year I truly will prosper - in my heart and in my soul (my mind, will, and emotions). The love I prayed for so earnestly, and has atoned for so much, has been extravagantly offered to me,
and to you.

 Until next time have a very happy and PROSPEROUS new year!

 Matthew 27:28-50

*  Courtesy Derek Prince Ministries 

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...