Thursday, December 10, 2015

We Are Sustained By the Promises of God

We were speaking in Bible study of being strengthened by the Lord last night and we read that Jesus revealed when He was being tempted that man (we) shall not be sustained by natural food but by God's Word, which I'm learning include His promises. For example, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9 and "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." Luke 6:38, and so many, many more promises.  It is no wonder I was once so weak, emaciated and unable to stand. I was not feeding on the promises of God - His Word. So today you can find me at the buffet and I'm going for a second helping!


“And Jesus replied to him, It is written, Man shall not live and be sustained by (on) bread alone but by every word and expression of God.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭4:4‬ ‭AMP‬‬
http://bible.com/8/luk.4.4.amp

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...