Tuesday, April 6, 2021

New life, new Hope

 Psalm 51:13-17

Then I will teach transgressors your way, and sinners will turn back to you. Save me from blood guilt, oh God, the God who saves me, and my tongue will sing of your righteousness. Oh Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise. You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure and burnt offerings. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.


I was broken. I had spent many years living a sinful life and the darkness finally caught up with me. I was sin-sick; a smoldering wick. I cried heartbroken tears. But God promised to heal my broken heart. In his word he says, “a smoldering wick he will not extinguish”, (Isaiah 42:3). Instead, his love blew on my dying embers and by his Holy Spirit, brought forth new light and life. 

Prayer 

Lord God, thank you for your promise to forgive us and with this amazing love bring us back to life, in Jesus name we pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not vs. Real Faith

I remember that childhood game we used to play with flowers. We would pull its petals going in tandem saying, “He loves me, he loves me not,...